There will be a preview day January 28th at the John Ryan Youth Center, 1653 J Street, from 12-1pm and 5-6pm. This will be a great opportunity to meet our new preschool director and our other teachers, see the facility for yourselves, and learn about what our preschool will have to offer your little one.
Eureka Community Services is offering a Presidents Week Break Camp for children to explore space!
Young Adventurers will learn about planets, the solar system, and experiment with science focused activities relating to our solar system.
Participants will need to bring a sack lunch, comfortable clothing and shoes, a water bottle, and snacks.
Details:Continue reading Space Theme Camp for Kids during Presidents’ Week
What is Camp N.E.T.?
Eureka Community Services is excited to announce Camp N.E.T, a very popular specialized basketball camp for youth to refine their skills, learn new tricks of the game, become part of a team and have fun!
What Skill Levels is this Camp For?
Camp N.E.T. has drills that will meet all needs from beginning to next level athlete!
How is this different from any other basketball camp?
Camp N.E.T. combines high level basketball training with all of the fun and youth development you’ve come to expect from Eureka Community Services. Both recreation leaders and basketball coaches offer a fun, energetic week filled with team spirit, breakdown drills, games, competitions and a few surprises to offer a unique one of kind camp experience!
How Much Does it Cost?
Camp N.E.T. is one of the most competitive high level basketball camps in the area. The cost is $150.
Details:Continue reading Camp N.E.T. Youth Basketball Camp Returns!
The purpose of this camp is to promote and encourage kids to be active and healthy through skating.
Campers will learn the fundamentals of skating through individual and group instruction. This camp will help kids focus on technique, skill, and safety. Each camper will be provided with elbow and knee pads. Campers will need to provide their own skateboard and helmet.
Details:Continue reading Presidents’ Week Skateboard Camp
This update reflects a new start date of February 4, 2019 and that there are half day and partial week option.
Eureka Recreation is now offering a Preschool to the Community!
Eureka Recreation is excited to announce the Little Saplings Preschool Program, a brand new program where your kids can be in a safe, positive, and uplifting environment during after school hours.
- ENROLLMENT BEGINS DECEMBER 3RD
- Program begins Feb 4, 2019 (new date)
- Location: John Ryan Youth Center
- Operating Hours Monday – Friday from 7:45am-5:15pm
- For Children ages 2.5 – 5 years of age (For kids 5-11, check out our after school program at this link.)
We’re having a viewing day of the facilities on Dec. 20 with times to be determined. Follow us on this blog or via social media to get the time when it’s announced.
Let your child’s spirit and imagination grow in the Little Saplings Preschool for children ages 2 ½ – 5 years old.
This preschool will offer evidence based curriculum to help your preschooler learn basic math and English skills, colors and shapes, as well as valuable life and interpersonal skills, including sharing, personal space, and respect for others. With ample room for outdoor play, children will develop gross motor skills while engaging in fun outdoor activities, including tricycles, group games, and more!
Average monthly enrollment cost will be between $800 – $1,000. Cost will vary from month to month based on the number of days of operation that reflect holidays and other closures. Rates are for full-time enrollment in the program.
To register please call 707-441-4248 or visit us in person at the Adorni Community Center – 1011 Waterfront Drive,
If you need more information, please contact Shannon Fazio at 707-441-4244
Save BIG getting in shape in 2019!
If you’ve been putting off getting in shape until after the holidays, January is the time to literally jump back into it and save big bucks!
Adorni has the lowest family rate in the area and we’re slashing it even more!
For the month of January, 2019, the Adorni will not only waive the initiation fee BUT IN ADDITION we’re slashing our rates by 20 percent!
- Adult or Family Membership: $28 for the entire family for Eureka Residents & $32 for non residents. As always, if any one adult pays the normal rate for membership, everyone in the family is included as a member! (Normally when initiation fee is included, those rates would be $70 or $75!)
- Senior Membership: $17.60 for Eureka Residents & $21.60 for non residents (normally when initiation fee is included, those rates would be $30 or $35!)
- Youth Membership: $12 for Eureka Residents/$16 for non-residents (normally when initiation fee is included, those rates would be $25 or $30)
All membership plans include:
- All fitness classes* as part of membership
- Use of all amenities and equipment
- Use of the conference room (according to policies)
- 20% discount on community classes
- Free Buddy Pass to allow you to bring friends to the Adorni at no additional cost.
A few things to know:
- When your first month ends, standard rates will apply as listed above.
- No initiation fee for as long as membership is sustained
- No long term commitment is required; cancel without penalty
- * Periodically, premier fitness classes might have a small surcharge.
To see all the policies for the Adorni Center, follow this link.
Eco Eureka and RCAA have teamed up to educate local students about the importance of stormwater pollution prevention.
This week students at EHS and Zane took a closer look at storm drains, gutters, permeable and impermeable surfaces, trash and water flow around their campuses to spark ideas of how to keep stormwater clean. Then they installed storm drain markers to bring awareness that all stormwater flows to Humboldt Bay! Continue reading E.C.O. Eureka Teaches Local Students About Stormwater Pollution