(This update lists great prizes just announced and points out limited space available.)
Looking to get a little quality time in with the family?
Compete against other families through an obstacle course, scavenger hunt, and relay race to see who wins bragging rights – as well as the chance to win family prize packages at this year’s Family Olympics at #GOPD2016
In addition to the tournament, there will be family booths and vendors and eco-activities for the kids.
The family that plays together stays together – and laughs a lot too.
Updates: TOP PRIZE: $300 Gift Certificate for Furniture Design Center
Other prizes include gift certificates for:
- Annie’s Shoe Store
- Coast Seafoods
- Old Town Coffee & Chocolates
- Spotlight Video
- Many Hands Gallery
Still More prizes:
- Dick Taylor Chocolates
- Spice Kit from Redwood Meat Co.
- Movie Package from Figueiredo’s
Schedule: Continue reading UPDATED: Great Prizes at Eureka Family Olympics on Get Out and Play Day
There are a couple additions to information about Play on the Bay on July 30, 2016 in red.
Pacific Outfitters and the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center are setting up all sorts of water activities including:
- Free water rentals from Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center
- Youth and Adult Paddleboard races
- Personal flotation device demos
- Sea Scouts will be on site providing boat rides!
- The Sheriffs Dept. will have their “Marine Posse” out on the bay that day demonstrating boat safety
- It will be kayak “roll” demo (not “roll over” as previously stated)
Continue reading UPDATED: Play on the Bay Day as part of #GOPD2016
(Updated to include omitted dates and ages from August through October)
Eureka Parks & Recreation is excited to offer the new Redwood Coast Youth Invitational Baseball Tournament!
This tournament has a 3 game guarantee and will take place at Kennedy & Hartman Ball Fields, near Sequoia Park.
Space is limited. Sign your team up today!
Continue reading UPDATED: Redwood Coast Youth Baseball Tournaments
What Better Way to Celebrate the Father or Father-Figure in Your Life Than a Fun-Filled Day of Fishing?
Whether you are an experienced angler, or just getting started, join us for a day of fishing on the bay! Our friendly Parks and Rec staff will be there to help you learn the basics. Including basic knots, casting, safety, and information on public fishing in Humboldt Bay!
Don’t have a pole? Borrow one of ours! We will have a limited supply available. (First-come first-served)
Continue reading UPDATED: Take Dad Fishing! Father’s Day on the Bay
Martinis By The Bay is presented by the Rotary Club of Southwest Eureka as a benefit for the City of Eureka’s C.A.P.E. program that will provide summer park and recreation activities for children.
It will be June 2, 2016 from 5:00PM to 7:00PM at the Wharfinger building.
Ten specialty cocktails will be offered by mixologists from seven of the premier cocktail-providing establishments on the North Coast: Continue reading Updated: “Martinis” Fundraiser Tix Now at The Adorni
This fun class is designed for your child to discover their talents, build confidence, make friends and learn the value of teamwork.
Through IMPROV theater games and basic IMPROV acting techniques, your child will gain acting, storytelling and comedy skills. Family and friends are welcome to watch the final performance.
Continue reading UPDATE: New Dates for Kids Acting and IMPROV Class
New Events have been added to the Illuminating the Past Event at Sequoia Park on April 21.
Time Travel to Sequoia Parks’s Past
Here’s an UPDATED overview of what will be happening on April 21, 2016:
- NEW ADDITION>> Actors from the North Coast Repertory Theater will be live and in costume as period residents from Eureka’s yesterday to guide tours, answer questions and pose for photos.
- NEW ADDITION>> The Clarke Museum will be on hand with their “Museum in a Box”, providing interactive artifacts from local history. The Clarke Museum will also be offering FREE passes to the Museum for those who partake in and complete the “Hunt Through History” Scavenger Hunt.
- Historic Night Tours: Join period residents of Humboldt County who have traveled through time to guide you down a special one night only lit path and explain what daily life was like in the days of old.
- Interactive Historical Activities: From informational booths on logging history to a “make your own” vintage toy booth & old school games (jacks or marbles anyone?), get a hands on experience on how our forefathers & foremothers grew up!
- Live Musical Performance from Humboldt Bay Brass: Humboldt Bay Brass will be performing live in the Gazebo premiering an arrangement of music from the past 150 years including historic music written in and about the north coast! (The Humboldt Bay Brass Band is a music ensemble in the British tradition, directed by Dr. Gil Cline of the Department of Music at HSU.)
Continue reading UPDATED: FREE Family Event Celebrating Sequoia Park’s History
(Update as of Feb 5, 2016 includes more businesses participating and change in loaning of attire.)
Have you been on the job hunt but are finding that you aren’t getting a call back for an interview?
Eureka Parks & Recreation and the Betty Chinn Day Center are committed to empowering the members of our community and providing them with the tools to set them up for success. Which is why they have partnered to create Pathway to Payday—a unique and innovative workshop that will not only teach you how to best sell yourself on your application & how to best be prepared for an interview, but workshop participants will get the opportunity to immediately put these skills to the test with on-site interviews with real employers looking to hire. Continue reading UPDATED: Pathway to Payday: FREE JOB WORKSHOP Series