Students will use materials from our native environment, recycled products, and art supplies to create upcycled works of art, functional household items, and more.
Students will create a river rock mosaic stepping stone, wind chimes, vinyl tote bags, and more.
There are two sessions; one on Fridays and one on Saturdays.
Continue reading Two Upcycled Art Classes for Adults Start Feb 2
The Adorni center has free tire recycling coupons for Eureka residents.
Did you know that tires are banned from the trash can and can be recycled into new products?
Vouchers are available at the Adorni Center allowing you free drop-off to Humboldt Waste Management Authority (HWMA) through June 7, 2019
Continue reading Free Tire Recycling Coupons at the Adorni
Students will make use of recycled materials from the local communities in Humboldt County.
Every two weeks, students will focus on a particular theme and incorporate specific materials into their art projects. The class will focus on both artistic techniques, such as color blending, shading, depth perception, scaling of objects, vantage point, and perspective, and will also emphasize the usage of recycled materials and objects in the creative and artistic processes.
Continue reading Upcycled Art Classes for Children
Local Experts Demystify Waste at E.C.O. Eureka Kickoff Event
Learn about the journey of waste from curb to landfill, the role of current and new laws, and the collective impact of our daily actions on February 13
- Jill Duffy of HWMA
- Linda Wise of Recology
- Emma Held of Zero Waste Humboldt
- Miles Slattery, Director of Parks & Recreation
What will be happening:
- There will be community brainstorming sessions where you can collaborate with community members to make recommendations, prioritize strategies, and develop environmental plans for Eureka’s future.
- Help Design an Official City Recognition Green Award Encourage, recognize, and celebrate efforts by Eureka’s Businesses, Schools, and Individuals
- This special event will take place at the Wharfinger Building Monday, February 13th.
- Doors open at 5pm with complimentary food
- Event will begin at 5:30pm, ending at 7pm.
- Participants are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle.For more information, please call Robin at 707-441-4248
Download a flyer as a PDF here.
Continue reading Help Shape Eureka’s Environmental Future
Did you know that plastic film is not recyclable through our local waste hauler?
Most people don’t know that. However, now you can bring Please all plastic film to the Adorni at put it in our new plastic film recycling bin. Please make sure it is clean. This will divert plastic out of the landfill and our streets into products made by Trex from 95% recycled materials.
Better yet, if we collect 500 pounds by Christmas we will get a free bench for one of our parks!
What are plastic films?
Continue reading Recycle Plastics at The Adorni and Help Us Get a FREE Park Bench