Be Part of a Solution to Houselessness
Want to help the houseless population but not sure where to start?
Become an UPLIFT Eureka Volunteer Co-Pilot!
Find out more at our meet and greet this Saturday from 1-3PM at the Eureka Municipal Auditorium.
Continue reading Meet and Greet for Project Uplift on Jan 26
The Eureka Muni is having an Adults Only skate night this Saturday!
Leave the kiddos at home and come out for a fun night of skating!
Admission: $5.25 (includes skate rental if needed) Visa & MasterCard are accepted so don’t worry about having to run to the ATM.
There will be a preview day January 28th at the John Ryan Youth Center, 1653 J Street, from 12-1pm and 5-6pm. This will be a great opportunity to meet our new preschool director and our other teachers, see the facility for yourselves, and learn about what our preschool will have to offer your little one.
The new director…
Continue reading Little Saplings Preschool Preview January 28
This class is what is called a “blended learning” CPR class which means students must spend two hours on their computers on an-online class before coming in to class.
Remember: THIS CLASS REQUIRES 2 HOUR ONLINE COURSE BEFORE ATTENDING THIS CLASS. To access online course go to this link: http://redcrosslearning.com/course/301040f0-c611-11e6-981d-bb8e5751112f
YOU MUST BRING PROOF OF COMPLETION OF THIS ONLINE COURSE TO THE CLASS.
Pre-registration and completing the on-line course in advance of attendance are both required.
Continue reading Next CPR Class on Jan 19
We are pleased to announce that the Adorni is now participating in a fitness program available to residents who are insured members covered under an AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan insured by United Healthcare Insurance Company.
The rate is $11 for residents and $13.50 for non-residents per month. Basically, AARP is paying 50% of members rates.
Continue reading New Reduced Rate for Seniors at the Adorni!
In case you missed it, as of January 1, 2019, the hours for the Adorni Community Center have changed.
We are now open:
- Monday through Friday from 7AM to 7PM (This does not affect evening classes; they will continue as before.)
- Saturdays 9AM to 7PM
- Sundays 9AM to 4PM
The Adorni Center will be closed in honor of Martin Luther King’s Birthday on January 21.
There will however be a ceremony at the Adorni from Noon – 1:30PM to honor Dr. King, presented by the NAACP, Eureka Branch. All are welcome to attend.
This update reflects a new start date of February 4, 2019 and that there are half day and partial week option.
Eureka Recreation is now offering a Preschool to the Community!
Eureka Recreation is excited to announce the Little Saplings Preschool Program, a brand new program where your kids can be in a safe, positive, and uplifting environment during after school hours.
- ENROLLMENT BEGINS DECEMBER 3RD
- Program begins Feb 4, 2019 (new date)
- Location: John Ryan Youth Center
- Operating Hours Monday – Friday from 7:45am-5:15pm
- For Children ages 2.5 – 5 years of age (For kids 5-11, check out our after school program at this link.)
We’re having a viewing day of the facilities on Dec. 20 with times to be determined. Follow us on this blog or via social media to get the time when it’s announced.
Let your child’s spirit and imagination grow in the Little Saplings Preschool for children ages 2 ½ – 5 years old.
This preschool will offer evidence based curriculum to help your preschooler learn basic math and English skills, colors and shapes, as well as valuable life and interpersonal skills, including sharing, personal space, and respect for others. With ample room for outdoor play, children will develop gross motor skills while engaging in fun outdoor activities, including tricycles, group games, and more!
Average monthly enrollment cost will be between $800 – $1,000. Cost will vary from month to month based on the number of days of operation that reflect holidays and other closures. Rates are for full-time enrollment in the program.
To register please call 707-441-4248 or visit us in person at the Adorni Community Center – 1011 Waterfront Drive,
If you need more information, please contact Shannon Fazio at 707-441-4244
Save BIG getting in shape in 2019!
If you’ve been putting off getting in shape until after the holidays, January is the time to literally jump back into it and save big bucks!
Adorni has the lowest family rate in the area and we’re slashing it even more!
For the month of January, 2019, the Adorni will not only waive the initiation fee BUT IN ADDITION we’re slashing our rates by 20 percent!
- Adult or Family Membership: $28 for the entire family for Eureka Residents & $32 for non residents. As always, if any one adult pays the normal rate for membership, everyone in the family is included as a member! (Normally when initiation fee is included, those rates would be $70 or $75!)
- Senior Membership: $17.60 for Eureka Residents & $21.60 for non residents (normally when initiation fee is included, those rates would be $30 or $35!)
- Youth Membership: $12 for Eureka Residents/$16 for non-residents (normally when initiation fee is included, those rates would be $25 or $30)
All membership plans include:
- All fitness classes* as part of membership
- Use of all amenities and equipment
- Use of the conference room (according to policies)
- 20% discount on community classes
- Free Buddy Pass to allow you to bring friends to the Adorni at no additional cost.
If you’re 65 or older, you might quality to have your health care provider cover your costs via the SilverSneakers or Silver and Fit programs.
A few things to know:
- When your first month ends, standard rates will apply as listed above.
- No initiation fee for as long as membership is sustained
- No long term commitment is required; cancel without penalty
- * Periodically, premier fitness classes might have a small surcharge.
To see all the policies for the Adorni Center, follow this link.
Starting January 2, 2019, we are introducing a special on-going fitness class for folks 65 and older, called “SAIL.”
It focuses on strength, balance and general fitness.
Continue reading New Fitness Program for Older Adults