Get Out and Play Day, the biggest outside fun event all summer in Eureka, is July 29, 2017.
One of the biggest summer events of the year is coming to Eureka – and YOU can help make it even better!
The fourth annual Get out and Play Day is July 29, 2017.
What is “Get Out and Play Day?”
It’s just the most fun ever! Thousands and thousands of folks come out in Eureka to take part in this FREE event that celebrates having fun in our wonderful Victorian burg. Last year, about 8,000 people came out to play at all sorts of events, including: Continue reading Help Make Get Out and Play Day 2017 Even Better!
Get Out and Play Day 2017 will be July 29, 2017.
It’s our biggest event of the year with thousands and thousands of folks coming out all over Eureka.
We’re looking for a graphic designer who can put together a logo for the event for our community. If you’re that person – or you know someone who is – please get in touch ASAP.
The phase A trail preview has been changed to an interpretive walk along the Hikshari’ Trail.
Before construction begins on phase A of the new trail, experience the beauty found alongside the current existing 1.5 mile Hikshari’ Trail. This fun, informative guided tour will included information and discussion on the migrant & vagrant bird species, Wiyot Village life and much more!
Tour meets up at 11:30am at the foot of Truesdale behind Shamus BBQ on #GOPD2016
There are a couple additions to information about Play on the Bay on July 30, 2016 in red.
- Free water rentals from Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center
- Youth and Adult Paddleboard races
- Personal flotation device demos
- Sea Scouts will be on site providing boat rides!
- The Sheriffs Dept. will have their “Marine Posse” out on the bay that day demonstrating boat safety
- It will be kayak “roll” demo (not “roll over” as previously stated)
Put together your team and join us for the 6th Annual Redwood Coast Grand Slam on Get Out and Play Day!
As a special thank you for all the teams that have played & signed up for softball this year, this tournament is FREE!!!!
- Registration Dates: July 1—July 22
- 8 Team Maximum (first come, first served)
- Cost: Nothing! Zero! Nada! FREE!
- Tournament Date: July 30, 2016
- Tournament Location: Kennedy & Hartman Ball Fields in Eureka
- Bats: Single Walled (No Composite)
- Awards: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Winners
Visit http://www.ci.eureka.ca.gov/depts/recreation/adult/redwood_coast_grand_slam_tournament.asp for tournament information, entry forms & roster/waivers.
Mail or bring them to:
City of Eureka – Recreation
1011 Waterfront Drive
Eureka, CA 95501
Questions? Email Steve Enes, Recreation Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 707-441-4245.
Download a flyer for the event here.