Get a Halloween adventure pass and you might win!
How it works:
- Pick up your Halloween Adventure Pass at any of the locations listed below (or download it from this location and print it out) and take it to the activities taking place all around Eureka on Halloween day, Saturday October 31.
- Complete 10 out of the 16 activities (and make sure to have your pass punched at the location) in order to enter into the drawing
- Finally, turn in your completed pass at Eureka Recreation’s Carnival from 5-7PM at the Eureka Muni on Halloween, Saturday, October 31, 2015 and be entered into a drawing for fun family prizes!
You can pick up your pass in advance at these locations:
- The Adorni Recreation Center (1011 Waterfront Drive)
- The Works in Eureka (210 C Street)
- Paul’s Live From New York (604 F Street)
- Los Bagels in Eureka (403 Second Street)
- Fin-N-Feather (2931 F Street, Henderson Center)
Find out all about our the big block party going on from 11AM to 4PM on Halloween by following this link.
Tomorrow night from 6-8PM is “Wild Nights: Bugs, Bats, & Owls – Oh my!”
Here’s the latest news:
In addition to getting a free gift for knowing our secret phrase (below), there will be LIVE owls at this event!
- The Humboldt Wildlife Care Center will be on-hand from 6:30pm-7:30pm at Sequoia Park with three very special guests:
- AJ-A Greened Horned Owl
- Tey Kwes (AKA Spotty)-A spotted owl
- Chillido-A Western Screen Owl
Learn all about AJ, Tey and Chillido as you get up close and personal with these amazing nocturnal wonders!
What else is happening?
Eureka Parks & Recreation’s Outdoor Recreation Program, Explore Eureka, is proudly offering a new FREE event series for the whole family—Wild Nights.
Explore Eureka this Thursday, October 22, 2015 with the first in that series: Bugs, Bats & Owls…OH MY!
Learn about our local nocturnal wildlife through this unique outdoor evening adventure featuring a variety of educational and interactive activity booths.
Transform yourself into a bug! Make your own flying bat! Create edible owl pellets! Meet real life scientists! Create your own star wheel!
Experts from Stillwater Sciences & Humboldt Wildlife Care Center will be on hand with interactive and fun presentations on bats, birds and owls.
In conjunction with the Redwood Art Association, it’s a Halloween block party on October 31 on F Street and on 6th Street in Eureka.
Schedule of Events
At the Redwood Art Association from 11AM to 4PM
Wow, how cool is this! If you saw the front page of the Eureka Times Standard today, you saw a great photo taken by Heather Shelton.
In case you were not aware of it, this was our third annual “Party in Pink Zumbathon” organized by our own Michaele Whiteley last Saturday, October 10, 2015. We had a great turn out and raised funds for the local breast and gyn health project in Arcata for our friend Rose.
Come to this FREE community event Saturday October 31st at the Eureka Muni from 5:30 to 7:30 PM.
This is a safe, fun alternative to trick-or-treating, featuring a variety of carnival games, candy and prizes.
How it works:
Pick up a Halloween Pass at the Old Town Gazebo during Old Town Trick or Treating and lead your little ones around to all of the fun things happening around the down town area on Halloween! Then end your day at the Muni (12th & F Streets) for Eureka Recreation’s Halloween Carnival. While there, turn in your pass and receive one of the many fun prizes available (while supplies last)!
For more information contact Ashley Taylor @ 441-4374.
The California Conservation Corps and The City of Eureka invite you to join us for this community volunteer event.
Join us at Sequoia Park for a day of fun projects to spruce up our park.
Bring comfortable clothes and be ready to get your hands dirty. Volunteers of all ages and abilities are welcome. Your can work for 20 minutes or two hours; it’s up to you!
Free breakfast and lunch are provided!
- Saturday, October 17, 2015
- 10AM to 2PM
- Sequoia Park
While you’re out and about this weekend, please pick up a costume for a child that could really use some help.
We are conducting a costume drive at the Adorni Center through October 16 and we need your help.
What we need:
- New or lightly used costumes for ages 5 to 12
- Children’s sizes or “one size fits most”
- Appropriately themed costumes (such as cartoon characters)
Give the gift of an unexpected treat. Give a Halloween costume to an underprivileged child.
Costumes can be dropped off anytime during business hours at the Adorni Center front counter (1011 Waterfront Drive in Eureka). Donated costumes will be fitted and distributed to the kids on Sunday, October 17 in the recreation room at the Serenity Inn, 2109 Broadway Street in Eureka.
For more information, call 707.441.4374.
There will be educational and activity booths:
- Owl & Bat Experts
- Make Your Own Flying Bat Craft
- Bug Costume Booth
Like astronomy? Then you’ll love this event too.
- Learn the Constellations
- Stargaze with Telescopes
- Make Your Own Star Chart
It’s all part of the Wild Nights Outdoor Recreation Event Series.
Want more information? Call 707.441.4248