Come to the Eureka 5K Crab Run Saturday, January 30, 2016 starting at 10AM!
It will take place rain or shine and all proceeds benefit Eureka Main Street’s special events and activities. Walkers and strollers are welcome but please leave your dogs at home.
Continue reading Eureka 5K Crab Run January 30, 2016
Let’s Get Crackin’!
Come to the Crab Celebration Friday January 29, 2016 and Saturday January 30, 2016
Crab Crawl starts Friday night January 29 from 5:00 to 9:00PM. Events go all day day Saturday January 30 from 10AM to 7:45PM.
For special hotel room rates, mention “Eureka Crab Celebration. Get all the details by calling 707.442.9054 or www.EurekaMainStreet.org.
Download flyer full of information in pdf format by following this link.
Let’s spruce up Hammond Park!
Come join your neighbors and friends. Help us make a difference by improving our local park. We’ll plant some flowers and trees, do some general clean-up and of course, share a great barbecue.
Westside neighbors and volunteers will join the City of Eureka Parks and Recreation for a Hammond Park (14th & E Street) beautification Party and Free BBQ on Saturday, November 14th, from 10 am to 2 pm.
This beautification project is coordinated by neighbors through Nextdoor-Westiside with support from: The City of Eureka, California Center for Rural Policy, Westside Community Improvement Association and St. Joseph’s Community Partnership.
- When: Saturday, November 14th
- 10 am – 2 pm
- Free BBQ starts at 12:30
- Where: Hammond Park, 14th & E Street
We will be honoring all the men and women who have selflessly served our country at the Adorni Center on Veterans Day.
- Wednesday November 11, 2015
- 11:00 AM
- 1011 Waterfront Drive, Eureka
Our featured speaker will be Captain Arthur Snyder USCG Commander, Humboldt Bay. This observance and program are presented by the Rotary Club of Southwest Eureka in partnership with the City of Eureka. Please attend and please spread the word.
We just wanted to send out massive shout outs to everybody who made our Explore Eureka Wild Night’s event: Bugs, Bats & Owls…OH MY! An overwhelmingly successful event last evening.
Continue reading Thanks for making Bugs, Bats & Owls…OH MY! an overwhelmingly success!
Get a Halloween adventure pass and you might win!
How it works:
- Pick up your Halloween Adventure Pass at any of the locations listed below (or download it from this location and print it out) and take it to the activities taking place all around Eureka on Halloween day, Saturday October 31.
- Complete 10 out of the 16 activities (and make sure to have your pass punched at the location) in order to enter into the drawing
- Finally, turn in your completed pass at Eureka Recreation’s Carnival from 5-7PM at the Eureka Muni on Halloween, Saturday, October 31, 2015 and be entered into a drawing for fun family prizes!
You can pick up your pass in advance at these locations:
- The Adorni Recreation Center (1011 Waterfront Drive)
- The Works in Eureka (210 C Street)
- Paul’s Live From New York (604 F Street)
- Los Bagels in Eureka (403 Second Street)
- Fin-N-Feather (2931 F Street, Henderson Center)
Download a flyer for the event by following this link.
Find out all about our the big block party going on from 11AM to 4PM on Halloween by following this link.
Tomorrow night from 6-8PM is “Wild Nights: Bugs, Bats, & Owls – Oh my!”
It’s the next in our “Explore Eureka”a series and it’s getting even better!
Here’s the latest news:
In addition to getting a free gift for knowing our secret phrase (below), there will be LIVE owls at this event!
- The Humboldt Wildlife Care Center will be on-hand from 6:30pm-7:30pm at Sequoia Park with three very special guests:
- AJ-A Greened Horned Owl
- Tey Kwes (AKA Spotty)-A spotted owl
- Chillido-A Western Screen Owl
Learn all about AJ, Tey and Chillido as you get up close and personal with these amazing nocturnal wonders!
What else is happening?
Continue reading Exciting Addition to the Line Up for Tomorrow Night’s FREE Fun, Family Event at Sequoia Park