There are over 1,000 children in Humboldt County who are classified as either homeless or in foster care services who could use a costume for Halloween this year.
The Community Access Project for Eureka (C.A.P.E.) and Eureka Community Services are asking for donations of new or gently used Halloween costumes for children whose families cannot afford them on their own.
Donated costumes will be given to families referred by their case/social worker.
Costumes can be dropped off at the Adorni Center, 1011 Waterfront Dr., Eureka, Monday – Friday 7am-7pm, Saturday 9am-7pm and Sunday 9am-4pm.
Continue reading Help Underprivileged Kids Have a Better Halloween
Come one come all and join us for our annual free Halloween Event.
This years theme is Halloween Town Extravaganza!
Come dressed in your favorite costume and enjoy a day of fun with friends and family. We will have activities for all ages.
Come dance through the haunted cake walk, get your face painted, or try your hand at one of our classic carnival games
Continue reading Halloween Annual Event October 26
Join our very popular and exciting Hoopsters Youth Basketball Program!
This program is designed to teach the fundamentals of basketball in a low competitive environment while creating opportunities for children, grades 3rd-12th, to improve their athletic skill and build self-confidence in a safe, secure and supervised environment.
General League Information:
- Registration for the 2020 Season begins October 7th through December 20th.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and depends on the number of qualified coaches.
- Season begins in January and concludes in April.
- Games are played on Saturdays, with occasional Sundays.
- Weekly team practice times vary.
- The $65 entry fee includes a team t-shirt.
- Deadline to be a coach is Friday Dec 20.
Get a registration form with all the details here.
We are conducting a costume drive at the Adorni Center and we need your help.
- Please help us support our community with child-appropriate costume donations.*
- Costumes will be given to local families in need.
*no additional ninja costumes are needed at this time
Give the gift of an unexpected treat. Give a Halloween costume to an underprivileged child.
Please drop off at the Adorni Center (1011 Waterfront Dr in Eureka)
- Monday – Friday: 7am-7pm
- Saturday: 9am-7pm
- Sunday: 9am- 4pm
Continue reading Annual Halloween Costume Drive at the Adorni Center
We are looking for new and gently used backpacks!
Please help CAPE by donating a new or gently used backpack.
We are looking ofr 11 backpacks:
- 6 Elementary Backpacks
- 4 High School Backpacks
- 1 Toddler Backpack
Drop off any donations at the Adorni Center at 1011 Waterfront Drive, M-F 7AM to 7PM; Saturday 9AM to 7PM, Sunday 9AM to 4PM.
Cooper Gulch after school program enrollment open now.
- Location: Cooper Gulch
- Cost: Average monthly enrollment cost is between $110 – $150.(Varies from month to month based on the number of days of operation and reflect holidays and other closures)
- Hours: Monday-Friday from 2:30 to 5:30pm
- For Youth ages 5-11 (If you have children 2 1/2 to 5, check out our Little Saplings preschool program at this link.)
To register, please call 707.441.4248 or visit the Adorni Community Center at 1011 Waterfront Drive.
About the school:
Continue reading Cooper Gulch After School Program Enrollment Now Open
Little Saplings Preschool Program is Currently Enrolling
Monthly Fees Average monthly enrollment cost will vary from month to month based on the number of days and/or half days registered for and the number of days of operation that reflect holidays and other closures.
- Hours: Monday – Friday from 7:45am-5:15pm
- Location:The John Ryan Youth Center (1653 J Street in Eureka)
- Daily Rate: $45 Half Day Rate: $25/day
- Ages: 2 ½ to 5 years old (if you have chidren 5-11, check out the Cooper Gulch after school program at this link)
To inquire, please call 707-441-4248 or visit us in person at the Adorni Community Center (1011 Waterfront Drive, Eureka) For more information call 707-441-4244 or email email@example.com
More about the school:
Continue reading Little Saplings Enrollment Now Open