Play on the Bay is again part of Get Out and Play Day
Pacific Outfitters and the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center are sponsoring these activities including:
- Free Water Rentals
- Archery Demos
- Disc Golf Demos
The events will take place between noon and two at the Humboldt Bay Aquatic center and Halvorsen Park as part of #gopd2017
Here’s the complete schedule for the Kicks and Tricks Skateboard Competition on #gopd2017
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM: Registration (all age divisions & Game of SKATE, ongoing)
- 8:45 AM – 9:00 AM: Meeting with Judges, score sheets
- 9:00 AM – 9:45 AM12 and Under Division
- 9:45 AM – 10:00 AM Intermission – Gather Next Division, judges score, skate trivia, skate dice
- 10:00 AM – 10: 45 PM 13 – 17 Division
- 10:45 PM – 11:00 AMI ntermission/warmup – Music, Food, judges score, skate trivia, skate dice
- 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM Awards Ceremony Part 1- Humboldt Beauty Queens to Present awards
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM Big T’s Game of SKATE, winner gets prize right away
- 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM Intermission- Gather Next Division, judges score, skate trivia, skate dice
- 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM 18 – 35 Division
- 1:45 PM – 2:00 PM Intermission/warmup – Music, Food, judges score, skate trivia, skate dice
- 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM 36 and Up Division
- 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM AWARDS Ceremony Part 2-Humboldt Beauty Queens to Present awards
- 3:30 PM – 3:45 PM Final Raffle Tickets, skate trivia, skate dice, Thank You’s
- 3:45 PM – 4:00 PM Clean up/Wrap Up
You will need to have a signed waiver to compete.
- Adult waivers can be downloaded here.
- Waivers for kids can be downloaded here.
For Each Division:
Continue reading Get Out and Play Day’s Kicks and Tricks Skate Competition Schedule
Have you been on the job hunt but are finding that you aren’t getting a call back for an interview?
Eureka Parks & Recreation and the Betty Chinn Day Center are committed to empowering the members of our community and providing them with the tools to set them up for success. Which is why they have partnered to create Pathway to Payday—a unique and innovative workshop that will only teach you how to best sell yourself on your application & how to best be prepared for an interview.
What makes this workshop unique, is that participants will get the opportunity to immediately put these skills to the test with on-site interviews with real employers looking to hire.
Representatives from the following organizations will be there:
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Farmers Insurance
- Rita’s Margaritas & Mexican Grill
- Sun Valley, Pierson’s
- Express Employment Professionals
- Wing Inflatables
- North Coast Cleaning Services
- Eureka Parks & Recreation
Workshop participants are not guaranteed a job, but they are guaranteed this great opportunity. Last year, nearly 90% of workshop attendees left with a job.
There will be free on-site childcare available, lunch, as well as interview attire if needed.
This free workshop series will take place over four sessions at the Betty Kwan Chinn Day Center at 133 7th Street in Eureka. Sessions take place Wednesday, April 26th, Friday April 28th, and Wednesday May 3rd, and Friday May 5th from 10am-1pm.
Continue reading Pathway to Payday: FREE JOB WORKSHOP Series returns
The Adorni Center offers monthly CPR/First-Aid Training Certification Courses the third Saturday of each month. Space is limited.
Pre-registration is required.
Continue reading Ongoing CPR/First-Aid Training Certification Class for April 2017
Join us for our first “Trash Bash, a 90 minute town wide cleanup.
Businesses in the area are partnering to help bring volunteers.
How’s it work?
Continue reading First Ever Trash Bash on March 25
A listing of community classes offered by Eureka Parks and Recreation for children and adults from January 2017 through May 2017 in a flip book or pdf format.
Click on this link to view it.
Continue reading Eureka Parks and Recreation Community Class Guide is now on line.
We are already full for February’s CPR class. If you are interested in taking this extremely popular course, after February, it’s strongly suggested you sign up now.
Pre-registration is required.
You can register by calling the Adorni Center at 707.441.4248 or by going to this link and type “CRP” into the search box and then choose which session you’d like to register for.
Continue reading UPDATE: CPR class for February is full