Put together your own Volleyball team!
Six signatures are necessary in order to submit a roster. Roster, league fees and non-resident fees must be submitted at the same time. Schedules will be available the first night of play. Each team will pay a 12 game season beginning the week of September 14, 2015 and ending in mid-December with games on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings with a maximum of 12 teams.
Registration ends August 28.
Cost: $325/Team plus $10 non-resident fee for each player that lives outside Eureka City limits.
Where: Register at the city of Eureka recreation office at 1101 Waterfront Drive Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM.
Each participant must have a photo ID on File.
If you have ever promised to get fit, lose weight, stress less, or just lead a healthier lifestyle – and you didn’t stick with it – this monthly, uplifting, powerful, interactive session is exactly what you need! Powerful coaching and direction from professional motivator, Scott “Q” Marcus.
The next session is this Saturday, July 25, from 10AM-noon at the Adorni Center and we’ll focus on how change your attitude to be happier, even when things are necessarily going the way you want.
Our topic will be “Getting from Hafta to Getta”
In other words, how do you change your attitude form “I have to exercise (yick)” to “I get to be healthier (yay)” or from “I have to watch what i eat to I get to be in control.”
Register here (or just show up). If you just show up, please allow about 15 minutes for registration so be there by 9:45. (Also, remember that due to “Play by the Bay” taking place next door at the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center at the same time, parking might be tight.)
You can download a pdf flyer with all the information here.
On Get Out and Play Day, kids are admitted FREE to Sequoia Park Zoo with a paying adult.
- Where? Sequoia Park Zoo
- When? 10AM to 5PM
We are very grateful to KHUM radio for the interview they did earlier with our own Ashley Taylor. It’s definately worth listening to – and you can do that at
Please thank them too at khum.com
One of the most fun events will take place in Sequoia Park starting at 2:30. It’s for the whole family. Prizes and laughter will be there. So will you!
We are going to have a photo contest surrounding all the events going on this Saturday, July 25, at Get Out and Play Day.
How to enter:
- Grab your cell phone (or whatever)
- Take a photograph or short video of any of the events going on
- Post it to your Facebook page and tag “Eureka Parks and Recreation” with a description of the photo or Tweet it with the hashtag #GetOutAndPlayDay
- Our favorite five will get a small gift certificate to Los Bagels. (We know, it’s not a lot, but what the heck, it’s fun, right?)
Other stuff we gotta tell you:
- By posting or sending the video, you give us permission to use in our publicity
- Photos and videos must be original and shot by you
- Our decision is final and will be announced by 8/1/2015
- Have a fun time and be creative