The Sequoia Park Zoo Foundation is excited to announce its 10th annual Brew at the Zoo fundraising event on Saturday, May 7th from 4 to 8 p.m.
This fun-filled evening includes: beer tasting from 17 breweries, live music, food trucks and tasty pub-style food at the Zoo Café, all in the unique Zoo settings.
Ticket price includes
- General zoo admission
- Souvenir tasting glass and the opportunity to enjoy ales from 17 breweries.
- Fun Brew merchandise (T-shirts, hoodies, and more) on sale to commemorate the evening.
Early bird discount thru Friday, May 6th. Full price tickets on day of event. Continue reading Brew at the Zoo May 7, 2016
This fun class is designed for your child to discover their talents, build confidence, make friends and learn the value of teamwork.
Through IMPROV theater games and basic IMPROV acting techniques, your child will gain acting, storytelling and comedy skills. Family and friends are welcome to watch the final performance.
Continue reading Kids Acting and IMPROV Class
Living History Day is a chance to experience a glimmer of Humboldt County history.
Come down and experience what it was like to enter a Victorian-era pharmacy by enjoying some free draft root beer at our soda fountain, poured by local historian Ray Hillman.
Root beer will be provided by Lost Coast Brewery. Talk to a soldier from Fort Humboldt, played by historical actor Bill Kohse. We will also have a variety of touchable historical objects on display, as well as hands-on activities related to local earthquake and tsunami events.
Continue reading FREE: Living History Day at the Clarke Museum
New Events have been added to the Illuminating the Past Event at Sequoia Park on April 21.
Time Travel to Sequoia Parks’s Past
Here’s an UPDATED overview of what will be happening on April 21, 2016:
- NEW ADDITION>> Actors from the North Coast Repertory Theater will be live and in costume as period residents from Eureka’s yesterday to guide tours, answer questions and pose for photos.
- NEW ADDITION>> The Clarke Museum will be on hand with their “Museum in a Box”, providing interactive artifacts from local history. The Clarke Museum will also be offering FREE passes to the Museum for those who partake in and complete the “Hunt Through History” Scavenger Hunt.
- Historic Night Tours: Join period residents of Humboldt County who have traveled through time to guide you down a special one night only lit path and explain what daily life was like in the days of old.
- Interactive Historical Activities: From informational booths on logging history to a “make your own” vintage toy booth & old school games (jacks or marbles anyone?), get a hands on experience on how our forefathers & foremothers grew up!
- Live Musical Performance from Humboldt Bay Brass: Humboldt Bay Brass will be performing live in the Gazebo premiering an arrangement of music from the past 150 years including historic music written in and about the north coast! (The Humboldt Bay Brass Band is a music ensemble in the British tradition, directed by Dr. Gil Cline of the Department of Music at HSU.)
Continue reading UPDATED: FREE Family Event Celebrating Sequoia Park’s History
How are you doing on your goals this year?
It’s April and if you made a promise to yourself to knock off those few extra pounds, get more fit, spend more time with your family, or get more organized at the beginning of the year, you should be well on your way by now.
If you’re not on track like so many others, you need to attend the April Willpower 101 session of Willpower 101 on April 30, 2016 from 10AM to noon at the Adorni.
Our topic will be “Getting back on track and staying there.”
Continue reading Stay on Track with Your Goals this Year
Sequoia Park Zoo and Foundation is excited to announce the annual Party for the Planet, taking place on Sunday, April 24.
This Earth Day celebration is a free community event, sponsored by Pacific Gas & Electric Company, and this year’s focus is SPLASH! All About Water.
Between Noon and 4PM, there will be fun and games for all ages with crafting, demonstrations and eco-exhibits, animal antics, and the opportunity to take home great memories thanks to the SmileZ photo booth. Sequoia Park Zoo inspires conservation of the natural world by instilling wonder, respect and passion for wildlife.
Continue reading Party for the Planet at the Sequoia Park Zoo
“Relax Socialize, and express yourself through art.”
The “Drawn to Art” Class will now be every Friday from 1pm-3pm.
- Located at the Betty Kwan Chinn Day Center
133 7th Street in Eureka
- Please RSVP for the class by calling 707-407-3833.