In this episode, Kim Bergel interviews co-host Scott ‘Q’ Marcus on his background as a professional motivator and speaker.
In case you wondered why Scott “Q” Marcus and Kim Bergel were chosen to host this monthly motivational podcast, you’ll start to find out in this episode where Kim interviews Scott on how he was picked to be the host.
You’ll also find out about how to get past large barriers to change, why the word “should” is harmful to your success, how to deal with the invisible committee of “they” who are always telling you that you’re not good enough, and how to be more compassionate with yourself when you’re changing a barrier (as well as why that matters).
It’s a light-hearted fun interview that will not only inspire you but give you tools to improve your own willpower and get past what’s holding you back.
Listen to it on your computer by following this link.
Please share. Continue reading July Inspirational Podcast on Line
This class is what is called a “blended learning” CPR class which means students must spend two hours on their computers on an-online class before coming in to class for what will now only be two hours, instead of all day.
Remember: THIS CLASS REQUIRES 2 HOUR ONLINE COURSE BEFORE ATTENDING THIS CLASS. To access online course go to this link: http://redcrosslearning.com/course/301040f0-c611-11e6-981d-bb8e5751112f
YOU MUST BRING PROOF OF COMPLETION OF THIS ONLINE COURSE TO THE CLASS.
Pre-registration and completing the on-line course in advance of attendance are both required.
Continue reading CPR Class on August 25
Yay! Here’s the complete schedule!
yes, we know it says “This Saturday” because it’s also an ad that will be running the Thursday before. The date is correct.
(Download it as PDF here.)
Looking for something else to do on Get Out and Play Day?
Yes, there’s plenty going on but we keep adding more! Discovery Museum will be FREE on July 28 from 10AM to 4PM.
Bring the kids and have a great time!
It’s something new for the entire family; our first-ever Old-Town Scavenger Hunt!
We’ll have two paths going through Old Town. Choose your path. Follow the clues. Answer the questions. Fill out the form. Win prizes. It’s that easy!
How to play:
- Visit each location at either route listed on the inside of this booklet.
- Answer the question(s) and write down your answers on a piece of paper
(or on the booklet if you can find the room).
- Upload photos to either Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Tag photos
with #GOPDHunt2018 when you upload photos. Photos must be date-stamped
as of July 28, 2018 and cannot be earlier or later. (If you wish to also have your photo qualify for the big grand prize “Night on the Town” drawing, also tag it with #GOPD2018.)
- Once you have finished visiting all locations and completed all tasks, upload your answers to that same social media site and also tag it with #GOPDHunt2018.
- Fill out your contact information below and turn in your completed booklet to Clarke Plaza, between 12-4pm, Adorni Center from 12-5pm, and Sequoia Park from 12-8pm on July 28, 2018 only.
- Winners will be chosen by raffle. Only one entry per person. Winner will be contacted via the social media they used by August 15. Judges’ decision is final.
You can turn your completed scavenger hunt in at the following locations:
- Adorni Center (by 5pm)
- Sequoia Park (by 10pm)
- Clarke Street Fair (by 4pm)
How to get your guide:
- Print them at home by downloading a pdf here.
- Pick up at the Adorni
- Watch for more pick up locations
Please note: there are two scavenger hunts which visit different businesses in the downtown area. Please choose one hunt to participate in.
Where do I start?
- Once you have your guide, you can begin at any business listed
What is the raffle?
- A winner will be randomly selected from complete scavenger hunt guides and will win a prize basket.
Summary of details:
Continue reading New! Fun Family Scavenger Hunt on Get Out and Play Day
We now have NEW scholarship money available!
We have disc golf camp, cheer camp, basketball camp, skate camp, and all sports camp this summer and we can take 50% off of our child’s fees!
You can qualify for scholarships with income eligibility or proof of benefits such as EBT, Social Security, or Medi-Cal. Come to the Adorni Community and Recreation Center to sign up.
Continue reading Scholarships Available for Camps!
If you can’t make it one of the locations where they’re providing the FREE passport, you can print it out on your own.
Download a PDF here.
Continue reading Print Out Your own 2018 GOPD Passport