We are looking for standard size shoeboxes and large paper grocery bags for our “Outside the Box” program.
What is the “Outside the Box” program?
Outside the Box is an after school program that takes place at the Sequoia Park Zoo. It meets M-F and students from four different elementary schools attend, it serves students ages 5-11 years old.
All items can be dropped off at the Adorni until Wednesday, Dec 13.
This page will always have the latest schedule for #GOPD2017 on July 29, 2017
Bookmark this page to be aware of changes. Latest update July 26, 2017; 2:00 PM
Items with an asterisk (*) were added after the program and passport were printed.
- 10:15-11:30 Zumba in the Park
- 11:00-4:00 Marciano the Magnificent (magician)*
- 11:30-Noon Pilates with Susie
- Noon-12:30 Taiji Flow with Sher*
- Noon-4:00 Free Henna Tattoos by Emerald Caravan*
- Noon-5:00 Win SF Giants Tickets*
- 1:00-2:30 Theater in the Park by NCRT
- 2:30 Registration opens for Family Olympics
- 3:00-4:30 Family Olympics
- 4:00 SF Giants Trivia contest (signups start at noon)*
- 4:30-5:30 Community BBQ (must get hand stamped)
- 4:30-9:00 Beer Garden provided by Six Rivers Brewery (21 and older only; not free)
- 5:00-8:00 Rockin’ in the Redwoods FREE concert by Blue Rhythm Revue
- 8:30 Movie in the Park: Big Hero 6, sponsored by Humboldt Del Norte Film commission
Foot of C Street
- 10:00AM-3:00PM Kids 12 and under FREE on the Madaket (with paying adult)
Foot of F Street – each session is 20 minutes
- 12:30 and 1:30 Merengue lessons
- 1:00 and 2:30 Body Combat demos
- 2:00 and 3:30 Zumba
- 3:00 Tribal Belly Dancing
- Noon-3:00 Speeder Rides between Adorni Center and C Street
- 1:00-3:00 Historic Walking Tours leave each hour from Clarke Museum (lots of other events at the Clarke Museum including FREE admission, mock excavation site, flint knapping, chalk art, wood working, demonstrations, historical reenactments, scavenger hunt and music)
- Noon-2:00 Free Water Rentals and Archery and Disc Golf Demos at Halverson Park and Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center
- 8:00AM-8:00PM Redwood Coast Softball Tournament
- 8:00AM-3:00PM Skateboard Competition (all ages; register in advance)
- 11:30AM-1:00PM Interpretive Walk for all ages (leaves from foot of Truesdale)
- 10:00AM-5:00PM Kids 12 and under FREE (with paying adult)
- 6:00AM-8:30PM Kids 12 and under FREE (with paying adult)
Everywhere in Eureka
Attend as many events as you’d like. Each time you’re at an event, take a photo or a selfie of you and your friends or family having fun. Then post it to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with hashtag #gopd2017.
We’ll draw one entry and that lucky person will win:
- Two movie tickets to the Broadway Cinema
- $100 certificate for Restaurant 301
- One night stay for two at the deluxe Hotel Carter
Winner will be announced by August 14, 2017 on the social media platform the winner used to post the photo(s).
> To download a PDF or image of the above schedule, go here. However, the latest schedule will always be found on the page you’re on now.
To see all the non-profit organizations that will have tables at the event, you can go here.
On Get Out and Play Day, July 29, 2017 kids (12 and under) are admitted FREE to Sequoia Park Zoo with a paying adult.
- Where? Sequoia Park Zoo
- When? 10AM to 5PM
- Children must have a paying adult with them
One of the biggest summer events of the year is coming to Eureka – and YOU can help make it even better!
The fourth annual Get out and Play Day is July 29, 2017.
What is “Get Out and Play Day?”
It’s just the most fun ever! Thousands and thousands of folks come out in Eureka to take part in this FREE event that celebrates having fun in our wonderful Victorian burg. Last year, about 8,000 people came out to play at all sorts of events, including: Continue reading Help Make Get Out and Play Day 2017 Even Better!
It’s a park clean up for kids by kids!
The kids of Sequoia Park Zoo’s “Outside the box” after school program planned a park cleanup for the community. All supplies will be provided.
Bring your family and help beautify Sequoia Park.
Continue reading Sequoia Park Cleanup for Kids on April 12
Sequoia Park Zoo and Foundation is excited to announce the annual Party for the Planet, taking place on Saturday 22, 2017
Continue reading Party for the Planet at the Sequoia Park Zoo