This page will always have the latest schedule for #GOPD2017 on July 29, 2017
Bookmark this page to be aware of changes. Latest update July 26, 2017; 2:00 PM
Items with an asterisk (*) were added after the program and passport were printed.
- 10:15-11:30 Zumba in the Park
- 11:00-4:00 Marciano the Magnificent (magician)*
- 11:30-Noon Pilates with Susie
- Noon-12:30 Taiji Flow with Sher*
- Noon-4:00 Free Henna Tattoos by Emerald Caravan*
- Noon-5:00 Win SF Giants Tickets*
- 1:00-2:30 Theater in the Park by NCRT
- 2:30 Registration opens for Family Olympics
- 3:00-4:30 Family Olympics
- 4:00 SF Giants Trivia contest (signups start at noon)*
- 4:30-5:30 Community BBQ (must get hand stamped)
- 4:30-9:00 Beer Garden provided by Six Rivers Brewery (21 and older only; not free)
- 5:00-8:00 Rockin’ in the Redwoods FREE concert by Blue Rhythm Revue
- 8:30 Movie in the Park: Big Hero 6, sponsored by Humboldt Del Norte Film commission
Foot of C Street
- 10:00AM-3:00PM Kids 12 and under FREE on the Madaket (with paying adult)
Foot of F Street – each session is 20 minutes
- 12:30 and 1:30 Merengue lessons
- 1:00 and 2:30 Body Combat demos
- 2:00 and 3:30 Zumba
- 3:00 Tribal Belly Dancing
- Noon-3:00 Speeder Rides between Adorni Center and C Street
- 1:00-3:00 Historic Walking Tours leave each hour from Clarke Museum (lots of other events at the Clarke Museum including FREE admission, mock excavation site, flint knapping, chalk art, wood working, demonstrations, historical reenactments, scavenger hunt and music)
- Noon-2:00 Free Water Rentals and Archery and Disc Golf Demos at Halverson Park and Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center
- 8:00AM-8:00PM Redwood Coast Softball Tournament
- 8:00AM-3:00PM Skateboard Competition (all ages; register in advance)
- 11:30AM-1:00PM Interpretive Walk for all ages (leaves from foot of Truesdale)
- 10:00AM-5:00PM Kids 12 and under FREE (with paying adult)
- 6:00AM-8:30PM Kids 12 and under FREE (with paying adult)
Everywhere in Eureka
Attend as many events as you’d like. Each time you’re at an event, take a photo or a selfie of you and your friends or family having fun. Then post it to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with hashtag #gopd2017.
We’ll draw one entry and that lucky person will win:
- Two movie tickets to the Broadway Cinema
- $100 certificate for Restaurant 301
- One night stay for two at the deluxe Hotel Carter
Winner will be announced by August 14, 2017 on the social media platform the winner used to post the photo(s).
> To download a PDF or image of the above schedule, go here. However, the latest schedule will always be found on the page you’re on now.
To see all the non-profit organizations that will have tables at the event, you can go here.
Take the family on an interactive history lesson of Old Town
The tours offer an interactive history lesson and are designed to be fun for the whole family. Tours take you up close and personal with the buildings and history of Old Town.
One of the biggest summer events of the year is coming to Eureka – and YOU can help make it even better!
The fourth annual Get out and Play Day is July 29, 2017.
What is “Get Out and Play Day?”
It’s just the most fun ever! Thousands and thousands of folks come out in Eureka to take part in this FREE event that celebrates having fun in our wonderful Victorian burg. Last year, about 8,000 people came out to play at all sorts of events, including: Continue reading Help Make Get Out and Play Day 2017 Even Better!
Have you been on the job hunt but are finding that you aren’t getting a call back for an interview?
Eureka Parks & Recreation and the Betty Chinn Day Center are committed to empowering the members of our community and providing them with the tools to set them up for success. Which is why they have partnered to create Pathway to Payday—a unique and innovative workshop that will only teach you how to best sell yourself on your application & how to best be prepared for an interview.
What makes this workshop unique, is that participants will get the opportunity to immediately put these skills to the test with on-site interviews with real employers looking to hire.
Representatives from the following organizations will be there:
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Farmers Insurance
- Rita’s Margaritas & Mexican Grill
- Sun Valley, Pierson’s
- Express Employment Professionals
- Wing Inflatables
- North Coast Cleaning Services
- Eureka Parks & Recreation
Workshop participants are not guaranteed a job, but they are guaranteed this great opportunity. Last year, nearly 90% of workshop attendees left with a job.
There will be free on-site childcare available, lunch, as well as interview attire if needed.
This free workshop series will take place over four sessions at the Betty Kwan Chinn Day Center at 133 7th Street in Eureka. Sessions take place Wednesday, April 26th, Friday April 28th, and Wednesday May 3rd, and Friday May 5th from 10am-1pm.
This update announces that a tour of the Clarke Museum is now included in the tour if you show up at 1:30 instead of 1:45.
The city of Eureka’s Outdoor Recreation Program, Explore Eureka, in partnership with the Clarke Museum is continuing to conduct weekly “Historical Walking Tours” in Old Town Eureka each Saturday at 2:00 through August, 2016. Please show up at 1:45 to register. If you choose, you can show up at 1:30 and also be treated to a tour of the Clarke Museum.
Continue reading UPDATE: Old Town Guided Historic Walking Tours in August