The phase A trail preview has been changed to an interpretive walk along the Hikshari’ Trail.
Before construction begins on phase A of the new trail, experience the beauty found alongside the current existing 1.5 mile Hikshari’ Trail. This fun, informative guided tour will included information and discussion on the migrant & vagrant bird species, Wiyot Village life and much more!
Tour meets up at 11:30am at the foot of Truesdale behind Shamus BBQ on #GOPD2016
Here’s where things are as of July 21, 2016 for #GOPD2016
Keep checking in and follow us on our Facebook page
or follow us on Twitter
) on Twitter for events and times as they’re updated. To see all the events lined up for Get Out and Play Day 2016 – updated with each new event, follow this link.
Download a PDF of the above image in high resolution here..
Continue reading Overview of all Get Out and Play Day Events
Students will explore art through nature on the beautiful Hikshari’ Waterfront Trail utilizing natural resources, paint, pastels, watercolors and more.
Class fee includes the cost of materials.
- Ages: 7 to 12 years
- Resident Fee: $45.00 Non-Res Fee: $46.00
- Class Dates: 7/9/2016 – 8/13/2016 (6 Dates)
- Class Times: Sat 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Location: Hikshari’ Trail at the foot of Truesdale in Eureka
Register at The Adorni or here.
Redwood Community Action Agency presents the 2nd Annual Explore the Coast event!
This family-friendly event includes all sorts of nature activities including:
- Kayaking (free rentals or b.y.o.)
- Rollerskating (free rentals or b.y.o)
- Plein-air art (open-air painting)
WHEN AND WHERE?
- Saturday, Sept 27, from 12noon to 4PM
- Foot of Hilfiker Lane (turn at 101 & Hilfiker Pipe Co.)
Download a flyer here.
Continue reading 2nd Annual “Explore the Coast” on Sunday 9/27