Did you know the City of Eureka hosts two mono filament line recycling receptacles?
(These are the plastic lines used to fish.)
Recycling receptacles are located at the Eureka Public Marina Boat Launch Ramp (1 Marina Way, Eureka) and the Samoa Bridge Boat Launch (Beneath Hwy 255).
These receptacles are part of the California Division of Boating and Waterways and the California Coastal Commission.
Click on this link for an interactive map of all the receptacles in the state.
This page will always have the latest schedule for #GOPD2017 on July 29, 2017
Bookmark this page to be aware of changes. Latest update July 26, 2017; 2:00 PM
Items with an asterisk (*) were added after the program and passport were printed.
- 10:15-11:30 Zumba in the Park
- 11:00-4:00 Marciano the Magnificent (magician)*
- 11:30-Noon Pilates with Susie
- Noon-12:30 Taiji Flow with Sher*
- Noon-4:00 Free Henna Tattoos by Emerald Caravan*
- Noon-5:00 Win SF Giants Tickets*
- 1:00-2:30 Theater in the Park by NCRT
- 2:30 Registration opens for Family Olympics
- 3:00-4:30 Family Olympics
- 4:00 SF Giants Trivia contest (signups start at noon)*
- 4:30-5:30 Community BBQ (must get hand stamped)
- 4:30-9:00 Beer Garden provided by Six Rivers Brewery (21 and older only; not free)
- 5:00-8:00 Rockin’ in the Redwoods FREE concert by Blue Rhythm Revue
- 8:30 Movie in the Park: Big Hero 6, sponsored by Humboldt Del Norte Film commission
Foot of C Street
- 10:00AM-3:00PM Kids 12 and under FREE on the Madaket (with paying adult)
Foot of F Street – each session is 20 minutes
- 12:30 and 1:30 Merengue lessons
- 1:00 and 2:30 Body Combat demos
- 2:00 and 3:30 Zumba
- 3:00 Tribal Belly Dancing
- Noon-3:00 Speeder Rides between Adorni Center and C Street
- 1:00-3:00 Historic Walking Tours leave each hour from Clarke Museum (lots of other events at the Clarke Museum including FREE admission, mock excavation site, flint knapping, chalk art, wood working, demonstrations, historical reenactments, scavenger hunt and music)
- Noon-2:00 Free Water Rentals and Archery and Disc Golf Demos at Halverson Park and Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center
- 8:00AM-8:00PM Redwood Coast Softball Tournament
- 8:00AM-3:00PM Skateboard Competition (all ages; register in advance)
- 11:30AM-1:00PM Interpretive Walk for all ages (leaves from foot of Truesdale)
- 10:00AM-5:00PM Kids 12 and under FREE (with paying adult)
- 6:00AM-8:30PM Kids 12 and under FREE (with paying adult)
Everywhere in Eureka
Attend as many events as you’d like. Each time you’re at an event, take a photo or a selfie of you and your friends or family having fun. Then post it to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with hashtag #gopd2017.
We’ll draw one entry and that lucky person will win:
- Two movie tickets to the Broadway Cinema
- $100 certificate for Restaurant 301
- One night stay for two at the deluxe Hotel Carter
Winner will be announced by August 14, 2017 on the social media platform the winner used to post the photo(s).
> To download a PDF or image of the above schedule, go here. However, the latest schedule will always be found on the page you’re on now.
To see all the non-profit organizations that will have tables at the event, you can go here.
Kids ride free with a paying adult on #gopd2017 July 29, 2017
Step aboard and learn the history of Humboldt Bay and Eureka’s waterfront during a 75 minute narrated cruise traveling along the shores of the bay. During your cruise, the captain explains local history, industries, activities, points of interest, and local wildlife.
Continue reading Kids Ride FREE on Madaket Tours on Get Out and Play Day
Play on the Bay is again part of Get Out and Play Day
Pacific Outfitters and the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center are sponsoring these activities including:
- Free Water Rentals
- Archery Demos
- Disc Golf Demos
The events will take place between noon and two at the Humboldt Bay Aquatic center and Halvorsen Park as part of #gopd2017
For the first time, Get Out and Play Day will also be on the Eureka Boardwalk!
We’ve got a fun filled line up of short dance and fitness demos for all ages and all levels.
Here’s the schedule:
Continue reading FREE Fitness and Dancing on the Boardwalk on Get Out and Play Day
Experience the beauty found along the Hikshari’ and Waterfront Trails.
This fun, informative guided tour begins at 11:30AM and meets at the foot of Truesdale (behind Shamus T-Bones BBQ). Dress for walking and for weather. Continue reading Interpretive Tour on Hikshari’ and Waterfront Trail on #GOPD2017
Free Rides on the Speeder in Old Town on Get Out and Play Day!
It’s a fun treat for the entire family and it’s one more thing to do on #gopd2017
Continue reading Free Rides on the Speeder in Old Town on Get Out and Play Day!