Did you know that the construction of our waterfront trail is now complete?
Yep, that’s the case. (In case you didn’t know, it’s 6.3 miles from one end to the other.)
So, since it’s done (short of adding some amenities), let’s celebrate!
Join us for this FREE event on February 10 at the Wharfinger building:
- Get a sneak peak of the trail amenities to be installed between now and September
- Watch a special premiere of the documentary which tells the history of the trail, entitled “Battle for the Eureka Waterfront Trail” The untold story of the trials and tribulations that led to the development of Eureka’s newest crown jewel.”
- Enjoy complimentary hors d’oeuvres and and a no host bar
Continue reading SPECIAL: Eureka Waterfront Trail Celebration February 10
This page will always have the latest schedule for #GOPD2017 on July 29, 2017
Bookmark this page to be aware of changes. Latest update July 26, 2017; 2:00 PM
Items with an asterisk (*) were added after the program and passport were printed.
- 10:15-11:30 Zumba in the Park
- 11:00-4:00 Marciano the Magnificent (magician)*
- 11:30-Noon Pilates with Susie
- Noon-12:30 Taiji Flow with Sher*
- Noon-4:00 Free Henna Tattoos by Emerald Caravan*
- Noon-5:00 Win SF Giants Tickets*
- 1:00-2:30 Theater in the Park by NCRT
- 2:30 Registration opens for Family Olympics
- 3:00-4:30 Family Olympics
- 4:00 SF Giants Trivia contest (signups start at noon)*
- 4:30-5:30 Community BBQ (must get hand stamped)
- 4:30-9:00 Beer Garden provided by Six Rivers Brewery (21 and older only; not free)
- 5:00-8:00 Rockin’ in the Redwoods FREE concert by Blue Rhythm Revue
- 8:30 Movie in the Park: Big Hero 6, sponsored by Humboldt Del Norte Film commission
Foot of C Street
- 10:00AM-3:00PM Kids 12 and under FREE on the Madaket (with paying adult)
Foot of F Street – each session is 20 minutes
- 12:30 and 1:30 Merengue lessons
- 1:00 and 2:30 Body Combat demos
- 2:00 and 3:30 Zumba
- 3:00 Tribal Belly Dancing
- Noon-3:00 Speeder Rides between Adorni Center and C Street
- 1:00-3:00 Historic Walking Tours leave each hour from Clarke Museum (lots of other events at the Clarke Museum including FREE admission, mock excavation site, flint knapping, chalk art, wood working, demonstrations, historical reenactments, scavenger hunt and music)
- Noon-2:00 Free Water Rentals and Archery and Disc Golf Demos at Halverson Park and Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center
- 8:00AM-8:00PM Redwood Coast Softball Tournament
- 8:00AM-3:00PM Skateboard Competition (all ages; register in advance)
- 11:30AM-1:00PM Interpretive Walk for all ages (leaves from foot of Truesdale)
- 10:00AM-5:00PM Kids 12 and under FREE (with paying adult)
- 6:00AM-8:30PM Kids 12 and under FREE (with paying adult)
Everywhere in Eureka
Attend as many events as you’d like. Each time you’re at an event, take a photo or a selfie of you and your friends or family having fun. Then post it to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with hashtag #gopd2017.
We’ll draw one entry and that lucky person will win:
- Two movie tickets to the Broadway Cinema
- $100 certificate for Restaurant 301
- One night stay for two at the deluxe Hotel Carter
Winner will be announced by August 14, 2017 on the social media platform the winner used to post the photo(s).
> To download a PDF or image of the above schedule, go here. However, the latest schedule will always be found on the page you’re on now.
To see all the non-profit organizations that will have tables at the event, you can go here.
Play on the Bay is again part of Get Out and Play Day
Pacific Outfitters and the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center are sponsoring these activities including:
- Free Water Rentals
- Archery Demos
- Disc Golf Demos
The events will take place between noon and two at the Humboldt Bay Aquatic center and Halvorsen Park as part of #gopd2017
One of the biggest summer events of the year is coming to Eureka – and YOU can help make it even better!
The fourth annual Get out and Play Day is July 29, 2017.
What is “Get Out and Play Day?”
It’s just the most fun ever! Thousands and thousands of folks come out in Eureka to take part in this FREE event that celebrates having fun in our wonderful Victorian burg. Last year, about 8,000 people came out to play at all sorts of events, including: Continue reading Help Make Get Out and Play Day 2017 Even Better!
Did you know you can reach the thousands and thousands of folks who attend our city parks?
If you need to get your message out, you can have a banner at one of our parks. Continue reading Advertise at a City Park!
This update adds Yoga at Halvorsen Park from 1:00 to 2:30.
SAVE SEPTEMBER 17, 2016!
It might be hard to believe but yes, it’s really been 25 years – one quarter of a century – since The Adorni Community Center opened its doors. (Wow, where does the time go?)
In honor of The Adorni’s 25th Annniversay (can you believe it’s been 25 years already?) we’re going to have some big events in September:
- Family Free Day on September 17
- Body Combat Launch on September 23 and 24. (formerly 9/24 & 9/30)
What’s happening on Family Free Day?
Continue reading UPDATE: Family Free Day at the Adorni on September 17, 2016