Get Out and Play Day 2017 has come and gone.
It was a huge success, thanks to this great community and all the sponsors who got involved.
We will be awarding the grand prizes by August 14. If you took a photo at Get out and Play Day and you haven’t posted it and tagged it with #gopd2017, do it now! We will be announcing winners by August 14.
There will be a San Francisco Giants table at Sequoia Park between 12pm-5pm with information on CAPE, as well as high striker where you can test your strength to win prizes on #gopd2017
There are also two ways to win tickets for the August 2nd San Francisco Giants-Oakland A’s Battle of the Bay Baseball game, including participating in a live elimination trivia tournament. The Giant’s Trivia contest takes place at 4pm. Signups start at 12pm.
Watch this video to find out more details on how to win game tickets, Giant’s prize packages, and how to participate in the first San Francisco Giant’s Trivia Tournament.
#sfgiants #giants #battleofthebay #giantstickets
Thanks so much to Cliff Berkowitz and KHUM radio.
Scott “Q” Marcus was interviewed by Cliff this morning about #GOPD2017. It was a fun and lively interview about Get Out and Play Day on July 29, 2017.
You can hear it here.
This page will always have the latest schedule for #GOPD2017 on July 29, 2017
Bookmark this page to be aware of changes. Latest update July 26, 2017; 2:00 PM
Items with an asterisk (*) were added after the program and passport were printed.
- 10:15-11:30 Zumba in the Park
- 11:00-4:00 Marciano the Magnificent (magician)*
- 11:30-Noon Pilates with Susie
- Noon-12:30 Taiji Flow with Sher*
- Noon-4:00 Free Henna Tattoos by Emerald Caravan*
- Noon-5:00 Win SF Giants Tickets*
- 1:00-2:30 Theater in the Park by NCRT
- 2:30 Registration opens for Family Olympics
- 3:00-4:30 Family Olympics
- 4:00 SF Giants Trivia contest (signups start at noon)*
- 4:30-5:30 Community BBQ (must get hand stamped)
- 4:30-9:00 Beer Garden provided by Six Rivers Brewery (21 and older only; not free)
- 5:00-8:00 Rockin’ in the Redwoods FREE concert by Blue Rhythm Revue
- 8:30 Movie in the Park: Big Hero 6, sponsored by Humboldt Del Norte Film commission
Foot of C Street
- 10:00AM-3:00PM Kids 12 and under FREE on the Madaket (with paying adult)
Foot of F Street – each session is 20 minutes
- 12:30 and 1:30 Merengue lessons
- 1:00 and 2:30 Body Combat demos
- 2:00 and 3:30 Zumba
- 3:00 Tribal Belly Dancing
- Noon-3:00 Speeder Rides between Adorni Center and C Street
- 1:00-3:00 Historic Walking Tours leave each hour from Clarke Museum (lots of other events at the Clarke Museum including FREE admission, mock excavation site, flint knapping, chalk art, wood working, demonstrations, historical reenactments, scavenger hunt and music)
- Noon-2:00 Free Water Rentals and Archery and Disc Golf Demos at Halverson Park and Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center
- 8:00AM-8:00PM Redwood Coast Softball Tournament
- 8:00AM-3:00PM Skateboard Competition (all ages; register in advance)
- 11:30AM-1:00PM Interpretive Walk for all ages (leaves from foot of Truesdale)
- 10:00AM-5:00PM Kids 12 and under FREE (with paying adult)
- 6:00AM-8:30PM Kids 12 and under FREE (with paying adult)
Everywhere in Eureka
Attend as many events as you’d like. Each time you’re at an event, take a photo or a selfie of you and your friends or family having fun. Then post it to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with hashtag #gopd2017.
We’ll draw one entry and that lucky person will win:
- Two movie tickets to the Broadway Cinema
- $100 certificate for Restaurant 301
- One night stay for two at the deluxe Hotel Carter
Winner will be announced by August 14, 2017 on the social media platform the winner used to post the photo(s).
> To download a PDF or image of the above schedule, go here. However, the latest schedule will always be found on the page you’re on now.
To see all the non-profit organizations that will have tables at the event, you can go here.
This Just in…
There will be FREE Organic Henna and glitter tattoos at Sequoia park on #gopd2017 (July 29, 2017) from 12-4 by Emerald Caravan!
This will be popular; first come first served.
Have fun in Sequoia Park with three different types of fitness activities Zumba, Pilates, Taiji Flow
…or try them all! It’s more to do as part of #gopd2017 on July 29, 2017
- 10:15 to 11:30 Zumba
- 11:30 to Noon Pilates with Susie
- 12:00 NEW this year! Taiji Flow with Sher