We received hundreds of entries for our #gopd2018 photo contest. Enjoy this short video with some of those photos.
Yay! Here’s the complete schedule!
yes, we know it says “This Saturday” because it’s also an ad that will be running the Thursday before. The date is correct.
(Download it as PDF here.)
It’s something new for the entire family; our first-ever Old-Town Scavenger Hunt!
We’ll have two paths going through Old Town. Choose your path. Follow the clues. Answer the questions. Fill out the form. Win prizes. It’s that easy!
How to play:
- Visit each location at either route listed on the inside of this booklet.
- Answer the question(s) and write down your answers on a piece of paper
(or on the booklet if you can find the room).
- Upload photos to either Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Tag photos
with #GOPDHunt2018 when you upload photos. Photos must be date-stamped
as of July 28, 2018 and cannot be earlier or later. (If you wish to also have your photo qualify for the big grand prize “Night on the Town” drawing, also tag it with #GOPD2018.)
- Once you have finished visiting all locations and completed all tasks, upload your answers to that same social media site and also tag it with #GOPDHunt2018.
- Fill out your contact information below and turn in your completed booklet to Clarke Plaza, between 12-4pm, Adorni Center from 12-5pm, and Sequoia Park from 12-8pm on July 28, 2018 only.
- Winners will be chosen by raffle. Only one entry per person. Winner will be contacted via the social media they used by August 15. Judges’ decision is final.
You can turn your completed scavenger hunt in at the following locations:
- Adorni Center (by 5pm)
- Sequoia Park (by 10pm)
- Clarke Street Fair (by 4pm)
How to get your guide:
- Print them at home by downloading a pdf here.
- Pick up at the Adorni
- Watch for more pick up locations
Please note: there are two scavenger hunts which visit different businesses in the downtown area. Please choose one hunt to participate in.
Where do I start?
- Once you have your guide, you can begin at any business listed
What is the raffle?
- A winner will be randomly selected from complete scavenger hunt guides and will win a prize basket.
Summary of details:
If you can’t make it one of the locations where they’re providing the FREE passport, you can print it out on your own.
Download a PDF here.
We know we’ve been keeping you busy with all the events for Get Out and Play day – and there are more on the way!
So, to keep you up to speed, look for the #gopd2018 Passport coming to many local outlets by July 5. With your FREE passport, you’ll have everything you need to make sure you eligible to win prizes and you’ll know where everything is happening and at what time.
You will be able to pick up your passport starting July 5 at these great sponsors:
This table shows all #GOPD2018 Events
|Sequoia Park||Zumba in the Park||Noon – 1PM|
|Sponsor & Vendor Tables and Activities||Noon – 1PM|
|1PM – 4PM|
|Theater in the Park: “The Importance of Being Ernest”||1:30PM – 2:30PM||Provided by NCRT|
|Family Olympics||3PM – 4:30PM||Registration starts at 2:30PM; win prize packages|
|FREE Community BBQ||4:30 – 5:30PM|
|Beer Garden||4:30 – 9PM||Provided by Six Rivers Brewery; Wristband required to purchase alcohol; over 21 years of age only|
|Rockin’ in the Redwoods Concert||5PM – 8PM||With Blue Rhythm Revue|
|Movie in the Park: “Ferdinand”||8:30 – 10:30PM|
|Waterfront Trail||Interpretive Walk for all ages on Phase C||11:30AM – 2:30PM||Meet at the Adorni Center|
|Old Town||NEW EVENT:
FREE day at the Discovery Museum
|6AM – 8:30PM||Located at 612 G Street in Eureka|
|Noon – 4PM|
Clarke Museum Street Fair
|Noon – 4PM|
|Historic Walking Tours||1PM – 3PM||Departs from Clarke Museum at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00|
|Cooper Gulch||NEW EVENT:
“NammaSkate” Yoga for Riders
|8:00 – 8:45 AM|
|Skateboard Competition||9AM – Noon||All ages; registration starts at 9AM|
|Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center||FREE Water Rentals||Noon to 2PM|
|Eureka Municipal Golf Course||Kids 17 & Under Play FREE||6AM – 8:30PM||Must be accompanied by paying adult|
|Sequoia Park Zoo||Kinds 12 & Under FREE||10AM – 5PM||Must be accompanied by paying adult|
Last update 7/3/2018