City of Eureka Suspends Most Public Gatherings Through March
The City of Eureka is taking steps to suspend many of its public gatherings throughout the City until the end of March. The decision follows recommendations from the California Department of Public Health to slow the spread of the COVID-19.
The following facilities, programs, and activities will be suspended through March 31st 2020:
The Adorni Center beginning at 5pm March 13th including:
- Drop-in sports
- Fitness classes
- CPR classes
Youth and Adult Sports beginning immediately including:
- Hoopsters practices and games
- Men’s Basketball and Woman’s Volleyball games
- Roller Skating at the Muni beginning immediately
- The Annual Easter Egg-venture
- Community Class i.e. Toddler Soccer and Bitty Basketball
- F.U.N. Play Center
- The Wharfinger and rentals beginning on Monday, March 16th
- Staff will be onsite for essential services
The following programs and facilities will remain open until further notice:
- Little Saplings Preschool
- Cooper Gulch After School Program
- The Sequoia Park Zoo
City staff will contact registered attendees and event organizers to discuss rescheduling when possible. The City will continue to monitor all non-essential facilities, programs, and activities beyond March.
To learn more about precautions to keep yourself and others safe, please download this PDF here.
Please see the City’s press release here.