Recreation Leader After School Programs
—an equal opportunity employer—
OPENING DATE: Dec 1st, 2019 – CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Under direct or general supervision, plan & implement activities for one of seven after school programs.
Salary dependent on experience.
- Plan & Lead activities for youth grades K-8th.
- Empower & facilitate cooperative relationships through problem solving
- Provide & oversee a safe & healthy play environment which enables youth to participate in positive activities
- Communicate with Eureka City Schools Coordinators & Asst Coordinators
- Attend staff trainings as required
- Observes & works with leaders to assess & develop strategic plans to improve their overall leadership skills.
- High communicative & organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- High energy and positive attitude
- Enjoys working with youth
- Must have some availability M-F between the hours of 2-6pm
- Must be First Aid & CPR certified in community CPR
- Must get fingerprinted
- Must get TB test
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
Hearing and speech to communicate in person, and over the telephone. This is an active, ever changing environment classification although standing in work areas and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, and reach. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects necessary to perform job functions.
Employees work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
All applications received are screened to determine which applicants most closely match the desired education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the position. The most qualified applications will be invited to interview with coordinating staff.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AT: http://www.ci.eureka.ca.gov OR 1011 Waterfront Drive , Eureka, CA 95501