It’s something new for the entire family; our first-ever Old-Town Scavenger Hunt!
We’ll have two paths going through Old Town. Choose your path. Follow the clues. Answer the questions. Fill out the form. Win prizes. It’s that easy!
How to play:
- Visit each location at either route listed on the inside of this booklet.
- Answer the question(s) and write down your answers on a piece of paper
(or on the booklet if you can find the room).
- Upload photos to either Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Tag photos
with #GOPDHunt2018 when you upload photos. Photos must be date-stamped
as of July 28, 2018 and cannot be earlier or later. (If you wish to also have your photo qualify for the big grand prize “Night on the Town” drawing, also tag it with #GOPD2018.)
- Once you have finished visiting all locations and completed all tasks, upload your answers to that same social media site and also tag it with #GOPDHunt2018.
- Fill out your contact information below and turn in your completed booklet to Clarke Plaza, between 12-4pm, Adorni Center from 12-5pm, and Sequoia Park from 12-8pm on July 28, 2018 only.
- Winners will be chosen by raffle. Only one entry per person. Winner will be contacted via the social media they used by August 15. Judges’ decision is final.
You can turn your completed scavenger hunt in at the following locations:
- Adorni Center (by 5pm)
- Sequoia Park (by 10pm)
- Clarke Street Fair (by 4pm)
How to get your guide:
- Print them at home by downloading a pdf here.
- Pick up at the Adorni
- Watch for more pick up locations
Please note: there are two scavenger hunts which visit different businesses in the downtown area. Please choose one hunt to participate in.
Where do I start?
- Once you have your guide, you can begin at any business listed
What is the raffle?
- A winner will be randomly selected from complete scavenger hunt guides and will win a prize basket.
Summary of details:
- Start anywhere on either route; eight stops on each
- You can play anytime from Noon to 4PM (but the actual route takes much less time)
- Scavenger hunt cards will be available at the Adorni and at participating stores the week of Get Out and Play Day (July 28).
- One winner per route, chosen by raffle
- All entries due at Sequoia Park by end of GOPD or at Adorni by 5PM on July 28
Scavenger Hunt Guidelines and Rules
- Be sure to respect the stores. Please no picking up and moving items.
- Be sure to walk slowly throughout the store, this is not a timed scavenger hunt.
- Some stores do not want you to take photos inside the store, so be sure to ask.
- If you have kids, please be sure to watch them inside of the store.
Don’t forget this!
Booklets without contact information will be discarded. Privacy settings for entries must be set to “public” or judges cannot see them and you won’t be included in contest. City employees are ineligible. Each photo can only be entered once but you can enter as many as you wish. By entering, you give Eureka Community Services permission to use your photo in future publicity.