This update lists the dates and themes for Camp Ryan for kids 5-12, which children can attend weekly or long-term during the summer. It also updates pricing. Sections in red are updates.
Camp Ryan is an unforgettable summer camp program for youth ages 5-12.
It offers kids a special opportunity for summertime fun and friendship in a safe and supervised setting. Children will participate in a wide variety of games, arts & crafts, sports, drama, scientific discovery, field trips and more. All activities are supervised by City of Eureka Recreation Staff. Children are checked in and out daily and are not permitted to leave without prior parental consent. All sessions are one week long and can accommodate 40 children per week. Parents can register for ½ day or full day sessions.
- Registration now in process: at the Adorni Center, (1011 Waterfront Drive), Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. There is no on-site registration.
- Where: John Ryan Youth Center, (1653 J St.)
Here are the details:
- Week 1: June 18th-22nd Superheroes: create own, talk about role models, make comic books, costume design, theme songs…
- Week 2: June 25th-29th Do It Yourself Week: creating fun with everyday objects! Kids make up own games to teach others! Life sized board games!
- Week 3: July 2nd-6th (no program July 4th) Retro Week: explore a different decade from America’s past each day- music, dance, and fads!
- Week 4: July 9th-13th Marble Madness: mazes, art, how they are made, hunts, and learn how to play old school marbles like your grandparents!
- Week 5: July 16th-20th Camp Olympics: sportsmanship, teamwork, and trying our best!
- Week 6: July 23rd-27th Wetlands Week: Let’s learn about all the amazing critters that call the wetlands their home!
- Week 7: July 30th-July 3rd H-2-Oh: water cycle, conservation, marine animals and plants, water sports and water games
- Week 8: August 6th-10th Under The Big Top: performance opportunity, and art gallery!
- $125/week for full days ($100 for Week 3)
- $95/week for half days (7:30am-12:30pm or 12:30pm-5:30pm)
- Add $10 per week for non-residents.
Payment required at time of registration. First come, first served. Some weeks fill up so please check availability. Registration is at the Adorni Center. Lunch is provided.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis and all children must be pre-registered prior to attending. Scholarships are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please call (707) 441-4244 for more information about scholarships.
For more information contact the Recreation Division at (707) 441.4244.