Learn about the journey of waste from curb to landfill, the role of current and new laws, and the collective impact of our daily actions on February 13
- Jill Duffy of HWMA
- Linda Wise of Recology
- Emma Held of Zero Waste Humboldt
- Miles Slattery, Director of Parks & Recreation
What will be happening:
- There will be community brainstorming sessions where you can collaborate with community members to make recommendations, prioritize strategies, and develop environmental plans for Eureka’s future.
- Help Design an Official City Recognition Green Award Encourage, recognize, and celebrate efforts by Eureka’s Businesses, Schools, and Individuals
- This special event will take place at the Wharfinger Building Monday, February 13th.
- Doors open at 5pm with complimentary food
- Event will begin at 5:30pm, ending at 7pm.
- Participants are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle.For more information, please call Robin at 707-441-4248
Download a flyer as a PDF here.
Press Release Text:
The City of Eureka Parks & Recreation Department is inviting our community to help shape the city’s environmental future. This is your opportunity to join the city’s brand new environmental program, E.C.O. Eureka, in a community conversation about environmental stewardship.
This event will feature special brainstorm sessions where small groups will collaborate to form recommendations, prioritize strategies, and develop environmental plans on how this city program should move forward. Tell us what you would like to see in an official city recognition program for businesses, schools, and individuals to encourage, recognize, and celebrate green actions and how we as a community can better conserve resources.
Local experts demystify waste and will be on hand to answer your questions. Jill Duffy, Director of Humboldt Waste Management; Linda Wise, General Manager of Recology; Miles Slattery, Director of Parks & Recreation; and a representative of Zero Waste Humboldt, who will talk about the journey of waste from curb to landfill, the role of current and new laws, and the collective impact of our daily actions.