New Events have been added to the Illuminating the Past Event at Sequoia Park on April 21.
Time Travel to Sequoia Parks’s Past
Here’s an UPDATED overview of what will be happening on April 21, 2016:
- NEW ADDITION>> Actors from the North Coast Repertory Theater will be live and in costume as period residents from Eureka’s yesterday to guide tours, answer questions and pose for photos.
- NEW ADDITION>> The Clarke Museum will be on hand with their “Museum in a Box”, providing interactive artifacts from local history. The Clarke Museum will also be offering FREE passes to the Museum for those who partake in and complete the “Hunt Through History” Scavenger Hunt.
- Historic Night Tours: Join period residents of Humboldt County who have traveled through time to guide you down a special one night only lit path and explain what daily life was like in the days of old.
- Interactive Historical Activities: From informational booths on logging history to a “make your own” vintage toy booth & old school games (jacks or marbles anyone?), get a hands on experience on how our forefathers & foremothers grew up!
- Live Musical Performance from Humboldt Bay Brass: Humboldt Bay Brass will be performing live in the Gazebo premiering an arrangement of music from the past 150 years including historic music written in and about the north coast! (The Humboldt Bay Brass Band is a music ensemble in the British tradition, directed by Dr. Gil Cline of the Department of Music at HSU.)
- Thursday April 21, 2016 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM
- FREE for the whole family
- Part of the Eureka Parks and Recreation “Wild Nights” program
- For more information please call 707-441-4248.